5/13/14

The Great Switch of 2014

Leave a Comment
It was time. Time to move our 4 year old to the guest bedroom, our 2 year old out of the nursey into the toddler room and our 4 month old out of the bassinet into the nursery. The great switch of 2014. First I needed to transform a guest bedroom into a big girl room that a four year old would love now and yet be able to grow into. Second, this transformation needed to happen with my Pottery Barn style on a Target budget.



Last fall I knew this great switch was inevitable so began looking for bedding options. I fell in love with the Sherbert Ribbons bedding from Land of Nod. They were discontinuing the line so I purchased the duvet on major clearance. 

My four year old's taste of wall color was "anything pink and sparkly." Yes, I'm totally that mom that refuses to paint the walls pink. I went with Benjamin Moore's Collingwood which is a beautiful gray but with a brown tone rather than blue tone. Again, my goal was something she could still grow with. Pink she loves today but may not next week. Sidenote: Lowes can color match any designer paint color. Used Valspar Ultra paint and by far the easiest paint to use and half the price!

The bunting banner above the bed I had previously made for a birthday party. I bought heavy cardboard bunting triangles from Hobby Lobby. I picked out three types of scrapbook paper to pull colors that I wanted. Cut out the paper to fit the cardboard bunting triangles and glue/tape on. I strung my bunting with a jute cord but you could use ribbon also. Thumbtacks into the ceiling are holding the banner in place. 

The white ruffle curtains and white ruffle bedskirt were both from Target. Pottery Barn has identical ruffle curtains and bedskirt but for double the price. The birdcage is another Hobby Lobby find. A little spay paint and you have a cute accent. 

My next project for this room is painting the nightstand. I've never painted wooden furniture but need a new decorating adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment